2010 Olympic Champion
Denny Morrison is writing the story of a small town boy who makes good in the big city.
Growing up in Fort St. John, British Columbia, he gave the province a recognizable face and a name that everyone got to know in Vancouver at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
Already an Olympic silver medalist in the Team Pursuit from the 2006 Olympic Winter Games in Torino, he came into the 2010 Olympics looking to move up the podium in two individual races - the 1500m and the 1000m - and the Team Pursuit.
In the closing days of the Olympics, Denny's final opportunity for a medal came in the Team Pursuit.
And, he made the most of it. Along with Lucas Makowsky and Mathieu Giroux, the team skated beautifully winning gold over their American rivals.
Still in his early 20s, Denny has firmly established his reputation as one of Canada's bright young speed skating talents with his first World Championship win in Nagano in 2008 and now an Olympic gold medal.
- 2010 Olympic Gold Medalist - Speed Skating, Team Pursuit
- 2009 World Single Distance Championships Silver Medalist - 1000m
- 2009 World Single Distance Championships Bronze Medalist - 1500m
- 2009 World Cup Overall Champion - Team Pursuit
- 2008 World Champion - 1500m
- 2008 World Cup Overall Silver Medalist - 1000m
- 2006 Olympic Winter Games Silver Medalist - Speed Skating, Team Pursuit