Dr Gillian Mandich
Virtual Keynote Speaker
Virtual Resiliency and Happiness Speaker
Dr. Gillian Mandich has a PhD from Western University in Health Science, specializing in Health Promotion. Her primary areas of research are happiness and health, and her work combines the latest research, practical wisdom, and an engaging style to help people live happier, healthier lives.
Dr. Mandich is passionate about research. She is the founder of The International Happiness Institute of Health Science Research and is a part of the Meant2Prevent research team at SickKids. She appears regularly in the media on shows such as The Social, Marilyn Denis, Breakfast Television, The Morning Show, and CBC; is a graduate Student Innovation Scholar Program at the Richard Ivey School of Business Pierre L. Morrissette Institute for Entrepreneurship and World Discoveries; the co-lead investigator of The Canadian Happiness At Work Study; and has given two TEDx talks: “The Surprising Truth About Happiness” at TEDx Yorkville, and “The Two Things You Need To Know To Be Happier Today” at TEDx Windsor.
Speakers Like Dr. Gillian Mandich
Check Speaker Availability and Pricing
The Science of Happiness
Evidence-based practices that will make you happier today
Happiness is an essential ingredient in a life well lived. In addition to making us feel good, studies have found that happiness can improve health, well-being, and longevity. Happiness is not a one-size-fits-all formula, and Dr. Mandich will share simple, key practices in a fun, innovative way. Participants will leave with the knowledge, confidence, and tools to effectively make the rest of their life the best of their life.
- Understand the science of happiness and the connection between happiness and health.
- Explore how to overcome barriers and challenges to true and lasting happiness.
- Apply practical, evidence-based solutions and strategies to cultivate confidence, generate joy, and thrive.
Happy at Work
Rethinking stress, improving performance, and sustaining positive change
As co-lead investigator of the 2020 Canadian Happiness At Work Study, Dr. Mandich knows the current workplace landscape and how it affects both mental and physical health, productivity, performance, and the bottom line. Research shows that developing happiness is a significant factor in success and thriving at work and home, and that these capabilities can be learned. In fact, increasing happiness and fulfillment may be one of the most productive things people can do to thrive both personally and professionally.
- Understand how to cope with uncertainty, navigate ambiguity and change, build hope, and better manage stress.
- Learn how to respond to challenges more effectively, make the most out of mental resources, and create positive relationships in the workplace.
- Use applied science to elevate happiness at work, increase employee engagement, improve productivity, and inspire innovation.
- Explore the action steps necessary to create lasting behaviour change, communicate effectively, and find more meaning and joy in work and life.
Hey Siri, Make Me Happier OR Happiness in the Digital Era
Bridging the happiness gap between the virtual and real world
Technology is often a key ingredient to being efficient, effective, and successful; however, the grass is not always greener in cyberspace. Our modern relationship with technology is also making it more difficult to switch off and unplug, which is taking a toll on our energy, draining our happiness, and taxing our mental health. Using fresh insights based on the latest research, participants will learn how to effectively leverage technology as a tool to enhance performance, increase well-being, and boost happiness.
- Understand the significant ways that technology is changing behaviour and impacting mental health.
- Examine the direct and indirect effects that social media and smartphone addiction has on mood, performance, and well-being.
- Explore the relationship between autonomy and happiness, how to cope with a lack of control, and how to focus on what is important.
- Learn evidence-based strategies that reduce distraction while maintaining connection.
Creating a Happy Mindset OR the Happiness Mindset
The art and science of true happiness
Happiness is more than an emotion, it’s a mindset. Happy people think differently, and research confirms that a happy mindset can be learned. Creating a happy mindset isn’t about eliminating stressful, frustrating, or difficult experiences, rather it’s about developing a resilient mindset and the self-confidence to know that you can overcome any challenges or obstacles. Using Dr. Mandich’s scientific framework, participants will learn how to shift the way they think and make the most out of their mental resources.
- Understand how to use positive psychology and neuroscience to shift your thinking, break old patterns, and harness the power of perception to boost happiness.
- Develop interpersonal courage, compassionate strength, and strategies for peace of mind, no matter what is happening in your life.
- Learn how to get out of autopilot, shift fear into action, and encourage a healthy expression of a wide range of emotions.
- Examine three questions you need to ask to be happy and learn how and why you need to stop seeking happiness, and instead learn to see it.
How to Build Resilience, Boost Happiness, and Thrive (Even During Uncertain Times)
Rethinking resilience, coping with anxiety, and sustaining positive change
It’s often said that happiness is a choice, but especially during difficult or stressful times it can be much easier said than done; yet, research suggests that challenging times can actually increase happiness. Studies on earthquakes, tsunamis, economic crises, and on people handling the front lines of human suffering and trauma have led to some surprising insights about happiness in the wake of what might otherwise seem to be indubitable catastrophes. Using cutting-edge science and her own research findings, Dr. Gillian Mandich will share what you need to know to pandemic-proof your mindset and repair the mental damage caused by difficult times. You will learn evidence-based tools and proven strategies to curb fear and anxiety, build resilience, and cultivate happiness.
- Identify barriers and challenges that contribute to fear, stress, and anxiety, and learn how to successfully overcome them.
- Explore how to navigate inner turmoil and cope in the face of uncertainty.
- Recognize overt and subtle signs of stress and common blind spots that impact mental health.
- Understand the importance of social connection, how to combat loneliness, and build meaningful relationships.
- Learn scientifically proven tools and strategies to increase resilience, cultivate peace of mind, and create lasting happiness.