Dr Gillian Mandich
Virtual Keynote Speaker
Virtual Resiliency and Happiness Speaker
Dr. Gillian Mandich is an award-winning, internationally recognized happiness researcher, speaker, educator, and author. With a PhD from Western University in Health Science, Dr. Mandich’s primary areas of research are happiness and health.
Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women by the Women’s Executive Network, Dr. Mandich’s work combines the latest research, practical wisdom, and an engaging style to help people live happier, healthier lives.
Dr. Mandich knows that there is no secret to happiness, but there is a science to it. She is passionate about research; the founder of The International Happiness Institute of Health Science Research; Research Associate at The World Database of Happiness, based out of Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands; and co-lead investigator of The Canadian Happiness At Work Study.
As a prominent media personality, Dr. Mandich has appeared on The Social, Marilyn Denis, Breakfast Television, The Morning Show, Global, ABC News Philadelphia, WWL New Orleans, and CBS Pittsburgh. She is also a top-rated keynote speaker; an invited member of The Staples Work from Anywhere Advisory Council, a collective of experts and thought leaders who provide Staples with insights and practical solutions for the new world of work; named one of Canada’s top Health Leaders four years in a row by OptiMYz Magazine; has given two TEDx talks; and sits on the Board of The Sunshine Foundation of Canada.
Speakers Like Dr. Gillian Mandich
Check Speaker Availability and Pricing
"*" indicates required fields
Happily Ever After Burnout: The Science of Thriving During Turbulent Times
From diminished performance and engagement to heightened stress and overwhelm, the current labyrinthine landscape of burnout is not merely an unpleasant side effect of professional life; it poses a severe threat to both individual health and corporate prosperity. As a manager or leader, your role in addressing this issue is pivotal.
As the co-lead investigator of The Canadian Happiness At Work Study, Dr. Gillian is well-versed in the current state of the workplace landscape and its effects on mental and physical health, productivity, performance, and overall financial outcomes. Drawing from the latest insights in happiness research and well-being science, Dr. Gillian will delve into the intricate dynamics of burnout and present comprehensive roadmap for leaders to conquer burnout effectively.
This session is designed to equip leaders with the requisite knowledge and evidence-based strategies to effectively address the pervasive issue of burnout in contemporary professional settings. Drawing upon empirical research and evidence-based insights, attendees will gain a an understanding of the multifaceted nature of burnout, its impact on organizational performance, and its implications for individual well-being. Through a comprehensive exploration of proactive measures and adaptive leadership practices, this talk will empower leaders to proactively combat burnout, cultivate resilience, and foster an environment conducive to sustained professional vitality.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of what burnout is and how to recognize the warning signs of burnout in teams and individuals.
- Understand the profound implications of burnout on productivity, employee engagement, retention, and organizational culture.
- Learn practical, science-supported leadership strategies for preventing and mitigating burnout.
- Explore evidence-based tools for enhancing resilience, boosting mental health, and creating a motivated, productive future of work.
The Science of Happiness
Evidence-based practices that will make you happier today
Happiness is an essential ingredient in a life well-lived. In addition to making us feel good, studies have found that happiness can improve health, well-being, and longevity. Especially in our new reality, happiness is not a one-size-fits-all formula. In this session, Dr. Gillian will explain what it means to be happy, what key factors influence happiness, and what really matters to boost happiness during and after a global pandemic. Participants will leave with practical knowledge, confidence, and effective tools to create more opportunities for happiness in their life.
- Understand the science of happiness and the connection between happiness and health.
- Learn what differentiates happy people from less happy people.
- Explore how to overcome barriers and challenges to true and lasting happiness.
- Apply practical, evidence-based solutions and strategies to cultivate confidence, generate joy, and thrive.
How To Be Happy In The New World Of Work
Improving motivation and performance, decreasing burnout, and sustaining positive change
The transition to a post-pandemic workplace is here, and whether one’s work is in-person, virtual, or hybrid, navigating the new world of work can be challenging. As co-lead investigator of The Canadian Happiness At Work Study, Dr. Gillian knows the current workplace landscape and how it affects both mental and physical health, productivity, performance, and the bottom line.
Increasing happiness and fulfillment may be one of the most productive things people can do to thrive both personally and professionally, and research shows that these capabilities can be learned. All of the latest research underscores what a significant factor happiness is to motivation, performance, success, and thriving. In fact, implementing happiness-building practices at work results in 125% less burnout, 66% fewer sick leaves, 44% higher retention, and 37% greater sales. In this session, Dr. Gillian will outline a roadmap to happier work using tools and strategies to increase energy, decrease burnout, and sustain positive change.
- Understand how to cope with uncertainty, navigate ambiguity and change, build hope, and better manage stress.
- Explore the conditions for, as well as how to create a happier workplace culture that decreases burnout, improves productivity, builds trust, and inspires innovation.
- Learn how to make the most out of mental resources, respond to challenges more effectively, and create positive relationships in the workplace.
- Use applied science techniques to boost happiness at work, elevate employee engagement, and find more meaning and joy in work and life.
Happiness in the Digital Era
Hey Siri, make me happier: Bridging the happiness gap between the virtual world and the COVID-19 future
We know from research that technology is often a key ingredient to being efficient, effective, and successful; however, the grass is not always greener in cyberspace. Our modern relationship with technology is also making it more difficult to switch off and unplug, which is taking a toll on our energy, sky rocking rates of burnout, draining our happiness, and taxing our mental health. With the use of technology at an all-time high due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is imperative to learn how to accurately navigate the digital world. Using fresh insights based on the latest research, participants will learn how to effectively leverage technology as a tool to enhance performance, increase well-being, and boost happiness.
- Understand the significant ways that technology is changing behaviour and impacting mental health.
- Examine the direct and indirect effects that social media and smartphone addiction have on mood, energy, performance, and well-being.
- Develop strategies to combat Zoom fatigue and stay connected without burning out.
- Learn evidence-based strategies to reduce distraction while maintaining connection.
Creating a Happy Mindset
Why the happiness of your life can depend on the quality of your thoughts
Happiness is more than an emotion, it’s a mindset. Happy people think differently, and research confirms that a happy mindset can be learned. Creating a happy mindset isn’t about eliminating stressful, frustrating, or difficult experiences, rather, it’s about developing resilient responses, self-awareness, and the self-confidence to know that you can overcome any challenge or obstacle.
Rates of burnout, compassion fatigue, and depression at an all-time high due to the global pandemic, and it has become apparent that mental health is the next frontier of professional and personal excellence. Using Dr. Gillian’s scientific framework, participants will learn how to manage stress, uncertainty, change, and conflict to navigate the ever-changing landscape of our lives, enhance performance, boost productivity, and increase happiness.
- Understand how to apply positive psychology and neuroscience to shift thinking, break old patterns, and harness the power of perception to boost happiness.
- Understand the competencies of emotional intelligence and learn how to use emotions as allies to recognize, regulate, and manage emotions in oneself and others.
- Develop interpersonal courage, compassionate strength, and strategies for peace of mind, no matter what is happening in your life.
- Explore how to get out of autopilot, shift fear into action, and encourage a healthy expression of a wide range of emotions.
Hybrid and Happy
How to leverage the best of both worlds for greater success in the new future of work
COVID-19 has forever changed the way we work. As we move into the new future of work, it is clear that creating conditions for happiness among employees is necessary for a digitally connected, engaged, and productive enterprise. By blending the key lessons learned during the pandemic with the best available workplace research, organizations have an opportunity to create a post-COVID workplace reality that avoids overwhelm, promotes resilience, increases engagement, and reduces burnout.
Drawing on organizational psychology, behavioural science, and neuroscience research, Dr. Gillian will teach the fundamental building blocks of a successful, thriving, and happy hybrid work environment. Participants will leave with practical tools and solutions to develop the cognitive skills needed to adapt in a fast-changing world, optimize productivity, and learn how to make work their happy place, regardless of where they are.
- Learn how to how create and stick to boundaries to increase productivity, improve focus, and regain control of your calendar in a hybrid work environment.
- Identify effective ways to feel connected to colleagues and clients, even when working remotely.
- Understand the true causes of overwhelm and strategies to handle current and future stress to prevent burnout and increase mental strength.
- Develop skills to set a workday up for maximum success when not at the office and avoid common hybrid productivity pitfalls.
- Understand how to navigate the ever-changing hybrid work environments, prioritize when everything seems important, and think clearly when things are busy.
How to Build Resilience, Boost Happiness, and Thrive (Even During Uncertain Times)
Rethinking resilience, coping with anxiety, and sustaining positive change
It’s often said that happiness is a choice, but especially during difficult or stressful times it can be much easier said than done; yet, research suggests that challenging times can actually increase happiness. Studies on earthquakes, tsunamis, economic crises, and on people handling the front lines of human suffering and trauma have led to some surprising insights about happiness in the wake of what might otherwise seem to be indubitable catastrophes. Using cutting-edge science and her own research findings, Dr. Gillian Mandich will share what you need to know to pandemic-proof your mindset and repair the mental damage caused by difficult times. You will learn evidence-based tools and proven strategies to curb fear and anxiety, build resilience, and cultivate happiness.
- Identify barriers and challenges that contribute to fear, stress, and anxiety, and learn how to successfully overcome them.
- Explore how to navigate inner turmoil and cope in the face of uncertainty.
- Recognize overt and subtle signs of stress and common blind spots that impact mental health.
- Understand the importance of social connection, how to combat loneliness, and build meaningful relationships.
- Learn scientifically proven tools and strategies to increase resilience, cultivate peace of mind, and create lasting happiness.