- Toronto: 416.420.4525
- Ottawa: 613.860.4525
- Vancouver: 604.420.4545
Check Availability Form
Breaking the Good Mom Myth
Honey, I wrecked the kids
Recent Twitter Updates
Parenting and Communication Expert, Psychotherapist, TV Personality, AuthorContact Us
Alyson Schafer is a therapist, author and internationally acclaimed parenting expert who empowers families by sharing her principles, rules and tools for raising happy and healthy kids. Her style is fast, witty, warm and encouraging. Alyson delivers her deep insights in ways that today's busy parents can easily understand and apply immediately.
As Canada's leading parenting expert, Alyson promotes a firm but friendly "democratic parenting" style and offers practical solutions backed by extensive research. Armed with years of research, clinical and field experience, Alyson can provide a new, positive understanding of your current family dynamic with actionable solutions that will give you the hope and confidence needed to transform your family.
Alyson Schafer's Speaker Programs:
- WHY DO MY KIDS KEEP DOING THAT?
Why don't they ever learn? Every day we yell and scream at our kids about their whining, dawdling, messy rooms, sloppy work, picky eating, bedtimes and more. Matters never seem to improve. Alyson will help parents "crack the code" of children's misbehaviour. In this session you will learn:
- The child's hidden motivation
- The child's "true belief" behind the behaviour
- The ways in which parents unknowingly respond in ways that maintain the behaviours
- Alternative solutions will be offered for your most common parenting problems.
- POWER STRUGGLES: WHO IS IN CHARGE
Do you lock horns with your child? Are they "willful" "stubborn" and resistant to typical parenting tactics?
Come learn how to recognize the dynamics of a power struggle and how to get out of conflict and win their co-operation instead. In this session you will learn:
- Sign to indicate you are entering a power struggle
- A four-step approach to moving from conflict to co-operation
- Alternative ways for your child to experience power without dominating others.
- RAISING THE RESPONSIBLE CHILD
Today's children seem to lack the interest or enthusiasm for independence that others generations enjoyed. Why are do we find it so hard to get our children to be punctual, do their chores and manage their school work without our constant nagging and supervision? In this talk, I will discuss:
- The importance of giving children autonomy
- The factors that interfere with transferring responsibility to children
- The correct strategies to employ and how to keep kids accountable
- THE JOYS AND FEARS OF THE TEEN YEARS
As a mother of two teen girls, Alyson illuminates both the joys and challenges that face teens and parents during this unique transition from childhood to adult. In this session you will learn:
- Brain-based research on teens and their behavior
- Interpersonal solutions to teen problems
- A refreshing understanding of how great teens can be
- A reality check on the true fears we need to prepare for.
Alyson Schafer's Testimonials:
"I was so impressed by the insights you shared, and especially by your exceptional delivery. The rope visual was extremely effective and I know it will be a perfect thing to visualize next time I feel the impulse to "tug". You are truly one of the best speakers I've heard in my 10+ years in the communications industry!" Event Attendee
"Alyson's presentation... was FANTASTIC! She far surpassed our expectations. Alyson is extremely knowledgeable about healthy relationships as well as bullying. Please let her know how much we appreciate the wealth of information that she shared with us. I'm looking forward to learning more about the four crucial C's. Many people were impressed. I would highly recommend her to any group wanting to discuss the issue of bullying." Peel District School Board
To book Alyson Schafer, Click Here: