- Toronto: 416.420.4525
- Ottawa: 613.860.4525
- Vancouver: 604.420.4545
Check Availability Form
Recent Twitter Updates
MBA, CSP, HoF
Business Innovator and Thought-Leader
Today's business owners and managers want to work with coaches who have actually done it, and done it well. Donald Cooper has done it! Winner of seven awards of excellence for marketing, service and business innovation, he has been both a world-class manufacturer and retailer.
Donald Cooper helps business owners and their management teams to fundamentally rethink, refocus and re-energize their business to create three key outcomes:
- Compelling, customer-owning value that will "grab" their target customers, clearly differentiate them from their competitors and grow their bottom line.
- More effective management practices that will create innovation, commitment and accountability at every level of the organization.
- A plan to create a more profitable future.
Simply put, Donald transforms businesses! He is respected as both a thought leader and a passionate visionary in over 40 industries throughout the world.
He helps owners and managers to proactively and effectively work "on" their business-to visualize an extraordinary, profitable and sustainable future and then to manage the business to create that future.
Donald doesn't just talk about it. He has actually done it-and done it well! He started work at the age of six, sweeping the floor in the family business for 5 cents a day. Long hours and low pay-excellent early training for an entrepreneur.
He earned an undergraduate business degree and an MBA from the University of Western Ontario followed by 20 years as a world-class manufacturer (Cooper Sporting Goods) and 14 years as one of Canada's most innovative retailers. Donald has succeeded and failed-and succeeded again. Along the way he received seven Awards of Excellence for marketing and business innovation.
Donald Cooper's Speaker Programs:
- Succession Planning & Exit Strategies
preparing your business and yourself for the most important financial event of your life!
(The short version of this program is, "You’re going to die... tidy things up!")
- The 'straight goods' on profitability
everything you never knew that's killing your bottom line!
- Innovation & Disruption
how to lead your market, frustrate your competitors and grow your bottom line!
- Vision Critical...How to redefine your future, grow your business and improve your bottom line!
There's huge confusion in business today about what a "Vision" is, what it isn't...and whether it even makes sense to have one. Businesses spend months and tens of thousands of dollars on consultants and "Management Retreats" only to come up with a Vision that achieves nothing.
It's tough to get where we're going...if we don't know where we're going. Simply put, our Vision should be a clear and measurable statement of what we commit to become to be a more profitable and responsible market leader in 3 to 5 years. It will be on one piece of paper and will be updated every year.
Its purpose is to inform, focus, challenge and inspire us as leaders, and everyone on our team by creating clarity about these five things:
1. The customer value and experience that we commit to deliver,
2. What we commit to become,
3. How we'll get there,
4. The extraordinary bottom line that we commit to generate...and,
5. How we commit to behave along the way.
That level of clarity simply doesn't exist in most businesses today...and it's killing them. Our Vision will also be our most effective recruitment tool when hiring key personnel.
Donald's breakthrough work on business Vision has helped 1000's of companies around the world to improve clarity, commitment and profitability. This program, delivered as a Keynote or half-day, interactive Workshop is specifically designed for business owners and senior managers.
- Customer Focused
These presentations are based on Donald's exclusive insights of Human Marketing which have helped thousands of businesses throughout the world to add more real value to their customers' lives-and more dollars to their bottom lines!
- The Adventure of Change - Redefining & reinventing your business to achieve market domination in our rapidly changing world
- Human Marketing-How to increase market share & profitability in the face of ever-stronger competition!
- Owning Customers for Life-Four powerful steps to increasing loyalty, sales and profitability!
- Human Marketing-Four powerful steps to creating a customer-focused organization!
- Creating a business environment that generates clarity of purpose, loyalty, creativity and effectiveness.
A survey of 207 businesses, over 11 years, shows that companies with a strong culture averaged 571% higher gains in operating profits!
- The 8 Essential Steps to Finding & Keeping the Best Staff!
- What is the Compelling Purpose of Your Business?
- The 60-Minute MBA!-10 things that you absolutely must know about your customers, your business and your life!
- How to Sell More, Manage Smarter, Make More Money and Have a Life!
- FROM 'GREAT' TO 'GONE' ...important business lessons from Cooper Canada and other business adventures!
From humble beginnings in 1905, Cooper Canada became a world-leading maker of sports equipment and fine leather goods...and a Canadian Brand icon. In the process partners were bought out, the company went global, then went public, was unionized and un-unionized, opened an offshore factory, bought competitors and, finally, sold to the wrong people.
Today, Donald Cooper devotes his life to helping businesses around the world create compelling customer value, clarity of purpose and long-term profitability.
Managing any business is tough...and getting tougher. We're all faced with more demanding customers, more and stronger competition, increased complexity and shrinking margins. On top of that, great staff are hard to find and keep...and that problem won't go away any time soon.
Add to all of that the unique challenges of running a family business, and life gets interesting, indeed. Donald has worked with 100s of family businesses and entrepreneurs to deal with both business and family challenges. In this candid, 'no-holds-barred' presentation, Donald shares what made Cooper Canada great, where it fell short and how lack of communication resulted in its sale and subsequent demise. Donald's internationally acclaimed work on business Vision, clarity, commitment and accountability will inform you, challenge you, disturb you and inspire you.
Donald Cooper's Testimonials:
"You were dynamic, sincere and enthusiastic - attributes which spread across the audience like wildfire-you have the ability to motivate and to inspire people to bring their business to a new level". Great West Life Assurance Co.
"...thank you for a truly inspirational, entertaining and informative session. Your dynamic presentation, course content and style delivered a very thought-provoking, fun-packed few hours". Cancom Tracking Solutions.
"After the first 5 minutes I knew we had a winner on our hands. Your presentation style was absolutely dynamic, your content exceptional, your material was personalized to our company and your message was truly motivational". Shoppers Drug Mart.
"One of the main contributing factors to our successful conference was your presentation-you were inspiring, dynamic, energizing and entertaining". Can. Professional Sales Assoc.
"I very highly recommend Donald Cooper for your Association event! Donald was, without hesitation, the best speaker we've ever had at our meetings. He was outstanding! Honestly, no one rated Donald's presentation at our Annual Meeting as a 1, 2, 3 or 4 out of 5. 44% of the attendees gave him a perfect 5 out of 5, and 56% rated him as an extraordinary 6 out of 5." Kansas Telecommuncations Industry Assoc.
To book Donald Cooper, Click Here: