- Toronto: 416.420.4525
- Ottawa: 613.860.4525
- Vancouver: 604.420.4545
Check Availability Form
Recent Twitter Updates
Author, Columnist, SpeakerContact Us
They don't call her “The Mother of All” for nothing. Ann Douglas has been Canada's go-to guide to all things parenting since the publication of her now-classic The Mother of All Pregnancy Books over a decade ago.
A mother of four and creator of an internationally successful book brand (The Mother of All®), Ann speaks frankly and with authority about parenting, communication, and tapping into the power of community.
You may have read her column in The Toronto Star or noticed her being quoted by top media outlets as The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, USA Today, The Globe and Mail, The National Post, Parenting, Parents, Your Baby, Working Mother, Good Housekeeping, Reader's Digest, Today's Parent, Canadian Family, Parents Canada, Chatelaine, or Canadian Living. Or perhaps you tuned in while she was making a guest appearance on Canada AM, Breakfast Television, or Sounds Like Canada. Ann is trusted by the media to provide insightful analysis of the parenting issues of the day.
An experienced speaker, Ann has delivered keynote addresses and customized workshops to audiences ranging in size from 20 to 1500. And she's delighted audiences of parents, healthcare professionals, social service workers, professional communicators, women, and business groups. Her clients have included Health Canada, the City of Toronto Health Department, the City of Hamilton, Kraft Foods Canada, Procter and Gamble, and the Women's Health Forum and Expo, Ontario Early Years' Centres, DONA International, the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association (CAPPA) Canada, the Canadian Foundation for the Study of Infant Death.
If you've already met Ann via her books, you know what you can expect from one of her presentations: to be inspired, entertained, and informed.
Ann Douglas's Speaker Programs:
- Big Picture Parenting (keynote address): In this thought-provoking presentation, parenting author, Ann Douglas, discusses the advantages of taking a big-picture approach to parenting (parenting with the hopes and dreams of children and families). She discusses the importance of tuning into a child's needs, being mindful of parenting decisions, building relationships with other parents, and practicing self-care. Expect a compelling mix of practical advice and lively anecdotes from this popular and engaging speaker.
- Parenting Through the Storm (workshop): Coping strategies for parents who have a child who is struggling with a mental, neurodevelopmental, or behavioral challenge. Topics to be discussed include self-care, self-compassion, creating your own support network, and lifestyle matters (nutrition, fitness, sleep, stress management, and making time for fun). This presentation is based on interviews with more than 50 parents who have walked this walk and who are eager to share their best advice with other parents. These interviews formed the basis for Ann's book, Parenting Through the Storm: How to Handle The Highs, The Lows, and Everything In-Between, published by HarperCollins Canada -- a book for parents with children struggling with a mental health, neurodevelopmental, or behavioral challenge.
- The New Rules for Writers
The world of publishing has changed dramatically over the past few years. The recession combined with the explosion in digital publishing has made an always precarious occupation even riskier - but also more opportunity-filled - for writers who dare to go solo. In this groundbreaking presentation, veteran freelancer Ann Douglas will discuss such need-to-know issues as career planning, networking, industry research, story research, freelance etiquette, professional standards, marketing, finding work online, social media strategy, time management, and avoiding burnout.
- The Dirt on Discipline and Other Secrets of Calm and Confident Parents
What are the secrets to being a calmer, more confident parent - and raising happier, less stressed out kids? How do you zero in on a discipline strategy that works for you as a parent? What are your long-term hopes and dreams for your kids - and what is your roadmap for getting there? These are some of the questions that Ann Douglas will have you pondering in this inspiring and thought-provoking presentation.
- The Mother of All Communications Workshops
Having a better understanding of what it means to be a mother will allow you to better reflect the needs of mothers and their families in your communications campaigns. That's why an intensive course in what motherhood expert Ann Douglas calls "momology" (the art and science of being a mom) is at the heart of this informative and interactive workshop. You'll learn about the key challenges that mothers face at various stages of motherhood; and what challenges and opportunities this presents for your organization.
- My Great Depression
Depression offers tremendous opportunities for personal growth - but only in retrospect. When you're clawing your way out of the pit of darkness, it's all you can do to keep from tumbling back down. But once you start to feel reasonably confident that your depression is behind you (or at least for now), you can start coming up with a game-plan for avoiding a repeat voyage anytime soon. In this shockingly honest presentation, author and columnist Ann Douglas shares outtakes from her journey from the pit of depression to a much happier place.
- The Couple Connection: You've fed and changed the baby, tossed in a load of laundry, and managed to feed yourself, too. Sounds like a successful day on Planet New Parent. But wait. Something seems to be missing. Oh yeah! Another day has gone by without having any sort of meaningful conversation with your baby's other parent (formerly known as the love of your life). This wasn't what you had in mind when you dreamed about having a baby. Find out how to stay connected with your partner after the birth of your baby or to re-establish that connection if you've fallen out of touch during this challenging time in your life as a couple.
Ann Douglas's Testimonials:
"I wanted to send a quick note to thank you again for the wonderful presentation you did for us in Dundas last week. The feedback from the participants was outstanding; everyone loved your speaking style and very personal approach." Licensed Home Early Learning and Child Care Consultant
"Ann has a great gift for clearing away [the] fog and giving not only the critical information her audience needs, but also the critical information that they didn't know they needed or were afraid to ask." BabyTime
To book Ann Douglas, Click Here: